This is continuing a series of spanking questions I have found around the internet about childhood spankings. Part 1 can be found here.
Which parent would you rather be spanked by? My mother, without a doubt. My father’s spankings were much harder and much longer because he was physically stronger than my mother. His temper was also so much more volatile than hers so he often struck with a great deal more anger.
Did you ever get spanked twice for the same thing? I’m sure I was but I couldn’t tell you specifically what or when besides general attitude, whininess, perceived disobedience, tattling and having a messy room (which could randomly be a cause for a spanking but generally wasn’t). I usually never repeated the same error after being spanked for it because I was so terrified of spankings. I even quit playing with my brother because it wasn’t worth getting spanked for playing with him if my mother decided we weren’t playing nicely enough together. I went outside and played with neighborhood friends instead, safely away from my parents.
Did you ever get spanked twice in the same day? Yes. The most traumatic spanking of my life which I still can’t discuss involved being spanked by both parents (unjustly) back-to-back with only a minute in between if even that. My mother spanked me, and then my father spanked me immediately after she did because he was so mad at me he didn’t care if she had already spanked me. He wanted his turn hitting me. I was around four or five years old. That was the day I realized my parents didn’t actually love me or want me. They are a miserable couple who never should have had children.
I know there were plenty of other days where I got light or warning spankings earlier in the day and then a much harder panties-down spanking later in the day when my mother’s patience ran out.
Who pulled down your pants and panties? My parents. I was never given the option to do it myself. They always ripped off my clothes faster than I could even try to resist. The spankings were always violent and sudden. There was nothing slow and deliberate about them. I was never given a chance to submit.
Were you given any chance to justify your behaviors before spanking? Never. When my parents declared a spanking, it was usually administered faster than I could say anything besides screaming in horror, “No!” Even if I was told I would be spanked when we got home, I knew better than to protest. That would have possibly led to a spanking then and there. I also was holding out vain hope that if I kept my mouth shut they would forget their promises to spank me when we got home. They never did.
Is there a rule for number of strokes for particular offence? No. I actually have no idea how many times they hit me during any given spanking. Probably until their hand was sore or they had vented enough anger. They never hit hard enough to bruise or leave marks because in their minds, that was abuse. What they did was not abuse in their minds though it very much was to me.
When did your parents scold you about what you did wrong? I wasn’t scolded so much as yelled at. They would begin chastising me verbally as they grabbed me and pulled down my underwear. They would continue yelling at me over my cries during the spanking. After the spanking, I was always unceremoniously dumped on the floor and told to go to my room or if I was already there, left on my bed. I was always told something derogatory about me and my behavior as they walked away.
What were your parents’ spanking styles like? Both of them spanked rapidly and hard. There was no warm up. There were rarely a few spanks over clothes unless they were doing it while dragging me on the way to sitting down so they could pull down my underwear. They pulled down any obstructing clothing and whaled on my bottom long and hard. Stylistically, there was no difference between my parents’ spanking styles.
What offenses your parents/guardian considered deserving of spanking at the first time without warning?
- Disrespect to your parent(s): This definitely could provoke and instant spanking.
- Disrespect to strangers: I would not have dared to do this.
- Lying: If I was caught in a lie, I would get spanked. I usually didn’t get caught. I also didn’t lie often, but when I did, it was to avoid a spanking.
- Cussing: I never did in front of my parents when I was young. I knew better.
- Continuous disobedience: Definitely spank worthy without warning.
- Drinking/smoking, skipping school, stealing, other crime: I was too good of a kid to do any of this.
- Bad grades: Anything less than an A was at risk of a spanking on tests or homework with the exception of one teacher my parents hated.
- Bad report card: I got a B+ once when I was a freshman and was terrified I would be spanked. Mercifully I was not.
- Breaking curfew: I never did.
- Staying up all night: I like my sleep. I never stayed up late.
- Fighting: Fighting with my brother was likely to merit an immediate spanking. Sometimes we got a warning. I never fought with anyone else.
- Back-talking: Definitely a potential immediate spanking.
- Breaking stuff deliberately: I never did this.
- Breaking stuff accidentally: I did get spanked for this.
- Something really dangerous/life-threatening: I did get spanked for this.
- Tattling: This was very likely to get me a spanking along with the sibling I was tattling on. Sometimes I got spanked for tattling and he didn’t get spanked for his offense.
Were you ever given bedtime spankings? Only if I had earned the spanking at bedtime which was easy to do in the evenings when everyone was tired and crabby. Usually it meant getting spanked and put to bed earlier than my usual bedtime. I never had a spanking postponed until bedtime and was never told, “You’ll be getting a spanking at bedtime.”
Were you ever spanked at the same time as someone else? Who went first? I only remember the one time I was spanked with my brother, and I went first. I’m not sure there was any logic in why as we were both sitting on his bed when my mother came in to spank us. I am sure we were spanked at the same time for fighting at other times, but I don’t have any actual memories of those spankings.
I was never spanked with friends or cousins.
Were you ever told, “Wait until your father gets home?” Never. My mother had no problem reddening bottoms on her own.
What phrases did your parents use to warn you of an impending spanking or to declare your punishment?
- “If you want to cry, I’ll give you something to cry about.”
- “Do I need to turn this car around?”
- Anything involving “young lady.”
- Anything involving both my first and middle name.
- “You’re getting a spanking.”
- “I am going to spank you when we get home.”
- “I’m pulling your pants down and spanking you.”
- “Do you need a spanking?”
- “Do you want a spanking?”
- “If you do that one more time, I am going to spank you so hard you can’t sit down.”
- My parents would count to 3, sometimes VERY quickly so that you had no chance to cooperate with whatever they wanted you to do. If they got to three, you were getting a spanking then and there.
- “Go to your room.” This might or might not lead to a spanking. I never knew.
- “You’re a very bad girl.”
- “Don’t take that tone of voice with me.”
- “Do you want me to put you over my knee?”
Were you ever spared a spanking once one was declared? Ha! There was usually half a second between the spanking verdict and the spanking started. I had no chance to protest. If I was promised a spanking when we got home, it was often given in the hallway immediately inside the front door with me standing. Sometimes I was taken to my room and then spanked, or sometimes I was taken to a couch in the family room and spanked (because that was closer to the door). It just depended how angry the parent was and how much their hand was itching to spank me.
(continue to part three)